Challenge: Create a Glog
Glogster is an interactive poster creation tool. Although Glogster has been around for about 5 years, Glogster EDU is a more recent edition that debuted in 2009. This school appropriate version provides a great option for teachers and students. The products (posters) of Glogster are called Glogs. These are fun and simple to create and provide another way for students to interact with technology in your classroom.
An account is required to get started with Glogster. The free option for is simply called the “Single Free” account. This option will allow you (or your students) to individually create and save glogs. The free option is a great place to start with Glogster EDU and there are many ways to creatively incorporate this resource into your teaching!
- Search through the “Glogopedia” for glog ideas and inspiration
- Upload files from your computer (videos, text, photos, etc.)
- Insert text, images, graphics, video, sound, and more
- Auto-save feature
Some Ideas for Integration:
- Create a Spring or an Earth Day glog
- Make a poster to introduce a skill, concept or idea (i.e. onomatopoeia, similes, metaphor, etc.)
- Try creating an interactive word wall poster
- (Grades 3-5) Create an NJASK strategy glog
- Create a glog about a field trip, assembly, or upcoming event
- Invite students to co-create glogs with you (maybe use a rubric to assess their glog)
- Review for an assessment with a glog
- Make a lesson multi-sensory with a glog
- Provide an opportunity for students to create glog collaboratively (PBL, math/science investigation, etc.)
How to Accomplish this Challenge Item:
1. Make an account on Glogster EDU (scroll down to where it reads: “Register Free”)
2. Create a glog or provide an opportunity for your students to make a glog
3. Comment on this post (What was the subject of your glog? Have you used this resource before? Did you find it user-friendly?)
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any questions please comment on this post, or email me at email@example.com. Remember to comment (anytime this month) for a chance to win an iPad2 and other great prizes!